Shoe Store Direct is a trading name of VIZ-UK LTD. At shoestoredirect.com, we are committed to providing our customers with the best possible service, and this applies to protecting your personal details too. The information you provide to us helps us bring you the latest, most relevant news, offers and inspiration which we think you’ll be interested in.
When you make a purchase from our website, we collect certain personal information from you (for example your name, email address, payment address and details). All such information is held on secure servers. VIZ-UK LTD complies fully with all applicable Data Protection and consumer legislation and will treat all your personal information as fully confidential.
We will not gather or hold personal information about you unless you have given your permission for us to do so. By placing an order, you will consent to the use of such personal information.
Any personal information held or processed will be used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way. It will be kept up-to-date and will be destroyed as soon as the reason for its collection or processing has lapsed. Unless we have your consent to do so your personal data will not be passed to any third party except for profiling purposes, to offer you the opportunity to purchase from us, to fulfil the delivery of the goods to you, and as is necessary to process credit or debit card payments.
Your privacy and confidence will be respected at all times.
WHO WE ARE
VIZ-UK LTD (“we” “us” “our”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED ABOUT YOU
If you have registered with us or ordered items from us, we (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) may collect and process the following information about you:- your name, age/date of birth and gender;
- your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- purchases and orders you have made;
- details of the method by which you intend to pay for the goods ordered;
- your on-line browsing activities on our website;
- your password(s);
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your location;
- your responses to surveys we ask you to compete. Surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- other correspondence and communications with us;
- other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
Our websites are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Some personal data is collected directly, for example when you place an order on our website or send an email to our customer services team. Some details are collected automatically during your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, browsing data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA USED
We (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) use your information:- to process your orders and manage your account;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to communicate with you about our products and promotions which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to monitor purchase history, site usage and traffic patterns to improve our site design and products;
- to personalise certain areas of our site for you;
- to contact you about leaving a review once your order has been completed;
- to verify your identity;
- to enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf;
- for market research and profiling purposes – to better understand your needs;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
We use the information we have about you to tailor the content of our communications and make them as relevant to you as possible. Under Data Protection Legislation this may qualify as profiling. If you do not wish us to use your data for this purpose please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
SHARING DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
To make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal information with some of our service partners. These include IT, delivery and marketing service providers.
For example, we use Shopify to power our online store - you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site - you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We only allow our service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which means they can only use your data to provide services to us and you, and for no other purposes.
We use Google Enhanced Conversions which shares customer information with third parties using a secure one-way hashing algorithm called ‘SHA256’ to perform ad measurement services to improve the accuracy of tracking and targeting.
Your personal data will only be disclosed to those of our employees or workers that require such access for the purpose for which it was collected. Your personal data will not be disclosed to any other individuals or other entities except in the following circumstances:- where it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you, including where you have asked us to do so or where we need to take steps to enforce any contract which may be entered into between us;
- on occasion, we need to hire other companies to help us to serve you better and in some of these cases we may need to share personal data that is necessary to perform tasks for us, such as courier services, market research companies;
- wherever possible, we require all third parties that process personal data on our behalf to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions;
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at https://thenai.org/about-online-advertising/how-does-it-work/.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://about.ads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
- AdRoll https://help.adroll.com/hc/en-us/articles/216599538-Opting-Out-of-Personalized-Advertising
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info.
You can also choose which cookies to accept within your Cookie Declaration.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will retain your personal information no longer than is necessary for the purpose we obtained it for thereby reducing the risk that it will become inaccurate, out of date or irrelevant. Information that is no longer needed will be securely deleted.
HOW WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that We collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the following rights:- the right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access);
- the right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten);
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you (the right of rectification);
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using / holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so (the right to object);
- the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing);
- the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation (the right to data portability).
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
Should you wish to stop receiving emails from us, you can unsubscribe using the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the emails.
Should you wish to opt out of any other forms of communication please contact us at email@example.com
Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to make a user's experience more efficient.
The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies, we need your permission.
This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third-party services that appear on our pages.
You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website.